Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When the sniffles come your way...

Audrie (and Mom & Dad) had a very rough night last night. She hasn't been sleeping well as I have told many of you...sorry for unloading my frustrations...and last night top it all off. She fell asleep around 9:30 (was soooo happy about that!) but then was awake every 10 minutes or so until 11:00. Then we went to bed at 11:30 and just as you are starting that wonderful thing called deep sleep, a cry at 1:15 wakes us up. She was ready to get up for the day, bear in one hand blanket in the other and full of chatter. (It was pretty funny because a few of her phrases included "dang it"...taught by her dear dad) Loooong story sort, she was off and on asleep until finally giving up at 3:45ish! And surprisingly enough, we are both functioning a whole lot better today than we ever thought we would. I guess you can get by with ten minutes here twenty minutes there and then a few hours. I know parents have many sleepless nights...somehow we need to make them fun...cause last night was not fun hahaha!!!

Then this morning our little darling had a stuffy nose...doesn't explain the silly willy we dealt with last night, but it does explain not wanting to sleep well. So today we are laying low. I make a yummy smootie certain days Audrie doesn't want to eat well, but today she couldn't suck through the straw so we turned it into popsicles. She is super happy with her easy going day of Cars and popsicles. Feel better soon baby!




I just love stumbling onto things like this...

Caring for Your Sick Baby
14 Natural Health Remedies for Children
By Meryl Davids Landau





(Preservative Free) Contact Solution for Congestion
+ =
a better night...I hope

For a child over 6 months, fill a bulb syringe with preservative-free saline solution, raise her head, and gently squeeze solution into one nostril at a time, says Dr. McClafferty. (Do it in the bath or over the sink.) In fact, a recent study found that using a nasal wash with a seawater solution (not yet available in the U.S.) helped kids get over colds faster -- and made them less likely to get sick again.

1 comment:

Brad and Colleen said...

Sorry about your not fun night. Thanks for the idea about conjestion. I wish I would have know that, since Brad has recently come down with a cold. I did something I have never done in almost 13 years of marriage.....I slept on the couch. Well, OK only for about an hour but I had to get some sleep, that didn't work either though. Maybe tonight I will try your contact solution. I don't think he will like spraying anything up his nose though either.

Good Luck tonight.