Wednesday, April 1, 2009

All we want is sleep...and comfort

Hello!!! I'm alive! March was not the best to me so I haven't had much to blog about. To quickly sum it up...food poisoning & a nasty nasty 2 week cold....Audrie has been well, but suffered from the lack of a functioning mom. I am feeling great now and it's April 1st :) Bring on SPRING!!!

I did have to post about what else we have been dealing with in March...what do nighttime, planes, and Audrie create? Lots of anxiety and little sleep. That is a new fear. She used to loooove the planes and would pick one out of the sky and wave at it. That has all changed. We have been on a plane...last September we flew to Missouri and she loved it. Now she covers her ears and comes to me terrified during the day and gets really panicky at night. For 4 nights it was just continual tantrum after bedtime routine with getting out of her crib over and over....and over again. The tantrums have stopped, but she still gets her little head worried and we have seen her multiple times in the night. Always pointing to the window and telling us "a plane scare me" (break your heart!)
While I was sick, if she woke up in the night, Grant would sleep with her in the guest bed. This quickly became a habit to make her sleeping in her bed a battle. She would tell me "I don't wannit...(her bed) Want Daddy's bed!" With the stubburnist face...I would have to turn away and laugh! Well she does want to sleep with her daddy when she wakes up now...but she sometimes will lay back down in her bed, but will be back awake in a few hours. So if we are too tired to deal with the multiple times a night...or if we all want to sleep in, she has our loveseat at the foot of the bed. It's too hard for me to turn my brain back off in the middle of the night and I do refuse her sleeping in our bed...she will sleep wonderfully, but Grant and I get pushed both ways out of our own bed.
We have had one night of being able to get her settled back to sleep and the rest of our mornings look like this....She is really comforted by being close to us at night. I can't say I blame her. She's all the way upstairs and the anxiety she was expressing scared me. I may not have the best way of dealing with what a 2 year old throws our way, but if she can just get back to sleeping comfortably, my mind will be more at ease.
I am happy to be doing this post because these pictures were taken this morning and she made it 10 hours through the night. Grant & Audrie slept in while I had to snap pictures and finally get back to blogging...about something! :)
Hope everyone is doing well & sleeping comfortably whatever way works!


She can even sleep halfway off the couch
I couldn't get myself to move her with fear of waking her up.

Sweetly sleeping...just the way mom likes it!

Then dad wakes up and is able to move her and she sleeps....and is still asleep :)
I'm trading naps for her sleeping as long as she can at night....at least until she will sleep through the night again.

I love this little girl!

1 comment:

Ryan and Jenni said...

Good job Kate! You are doing awesome. But there is something you forgot to blog about missy!!!! You are in trouble.