Friday, October 17, 2008

Taking baby for a walk



It was a beautiful day today! I am so happy when the sun is out! :) And when it's sunny we go for long walks. Audrie wanted to walk her baby today. It was so cute! I love watching her tuck in the blanket and then a few minutes later she will say "it hot" and take it off of the baby. What a little mommy! :) We walked to our favorite spot, a small canal that runs along the front of our neighborhood, where we throw rocks. (Audrie knows that the water is a "no, no, no!!!" she shakes her finger at it as Papa has taught her well) The water is pretty much tried up so we now find big rocks to sit on and throw rocks into the shallow puddles that are left. Audrie is such an outdoor girl. She loves to explore! This little outing we do often is special to me because it's something I used to do with my dad as a kid. He loves a good hike and our close to home hikes were dried up canals. I see so much of his love for the outdoors in Audrie! Oh simple sweet memories!

1 comment:

Brad and Colleen said...

Katie those are so cute! I used to go for walks everyday when Carter was little and take him to the canal and throw rocks too. I love that she loves the outdoors too. I can see a lot of riding the greenbelt with a picnic at the end this summer. Sounds like fun huh? Or maybe Audrie can should the boys the new place to throw rocks.