Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Helping mommy chop vegetables


Audrie loves to be up on the counter when I make meals. She helps pour things in for mixing, stir, hands me things, and really likes to watch the cooking process. (we may have a chef in the making) Once I had to give her a plastic knife and a carrot so she could help me chop veggies. It didn't really do the trick. Grandma Turley had a great idea for a present for Audrie's birthday. It's a cutting set from Melissa & Doug. The veggies, fruits, and breads are held together by velcro and the wooden knife cuts them apart! Sooo clever & Audrie looooves it! So tonight at dinner making time, Audrie was happy to have something to chop up herself! :)





Check it out anlong with a lot of other neat things!http://www.melissaanddoug.com/dyn_prodlist.php?k=87136

3 comments:

Nicole Leavitt said...

I LOVE melissa & doug toys! We have a bunch of their puzzles, art things, and block clock! Great toys! Chayse would love that food cutting toy! I too have to battle him always wanted to help too much while I am cooking! :)

Brittainy Nelson said...

Katie your blog is soo cute!! It looks like you guys are doing so well! How was everything been?? and your little girl is so cute!

Brad and Colleen said...

Audrie can make us dinner anytime. I bet she will be a great cook. By the way I love your Halloween blog. I really need to work on mine. I love yours though.