Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Turley Family Getaway





We have been beach bums for the past few weeks. We went up to Donnelly, ID for our annual Turley Family Getaway. We love being able to spend multiple days right by the water and we just play all day long. Audrie had a blast! She loved having her cousins Carter & Spencer here and the three were together all the time. She played so hard that she had a hard time knowing when to quit.
Bad habit #1 - refusing to take a nap. She would just go go go and not want to stop. I tried so hard to keep our schedule, but with too much excitement going on around us, I failed.
Bad habit #2- climbing out of her play pen. OH NO!!! I knew that she would figure it out sooner or later! I just wanted it to be much much later!!! She is our monkey. So this made us have to hold her or lay down with her...naps and bedtime! (Not my ideal way because I had plans to scrapbook during naps, but I did enjoy the snuggle time) Bad habit #3 - bring it ALL home!!! First night home what did she do as soon as we finished our bedtime routine? Climbed right out of the crib! Oh the panic as I saw my life of easy nap time and bedtime vanish. Yes a week later and we are still struggling (Which will deserve another post soon!) But you know...she had sooooo much fun and we made sooo many memories it was worth all the stress. So when I see these pictures of her playing in the sand, water, and with our family, I am happy and would never trade the time for anything.




The 4th of July was a great day! We had a BBQ and went to McCall for the fireworks. Audrie didn't like them so much. It was funny because she would bury her face and peek through her fingers, but she didn't cover her ears. I think she thought it was strange to see such light in the sky. She loved being held by everyone and I loved capturing the cute moments she had in dad's arms.




We love the lake!!! And there were a lot of 1st for Audrie. It was her 1st time really riding the jet ski (Last year we put her on and went really slow). She loved when we would go fast and the faster we went the higher the squeal got. She loves the boat and likes to watch whoever is being pulled and she loves to drive with dad. It was her 1st time behind the boat in the tube. I was a little worried that she wouldn't like it once we started to go, but she had a ball! She would put her hands up and scream wooooo! She did not want to get out when our turn was over either. How fun these things must be to someone still experiencing life for the 1st time. I loved watching her sweet little face light up when we would ask her if she wanted to go on the jet ski or the tube. It's a wonderful thing to be a parent and share fun experiences with your child.




These are just some random pictures throughout the week. There was a lot of playing with the dogs, yummy treats, and coloring. I think this may have been the best week of Audrie's life so far. I love her and can't wait to share more wonderful times with this sweet little girl!

3 comments:

~whimsical~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grant and Katie + Audrie said...

Someone I'm pretty sure I don't know left a comment....

benandmonitanner said...

Looks like such a fun week! I can't believe how fast Audrie is growing up. She just keeps getting cuter! We need to get her and Brinley together...I bet they would have fun.