Monday, July 21, 2008

Mosquito bites oh my!!!

Poor Audrie got her first taste of bug bites last night. We were at Grandma & Grandpa Turley's and she was playing outside in the 7 o'clock hour...thought the bugs wouldn't be out yet with the heat...I was way wrong and didn't come prepared!!! I felt so bad when she woke up with 5 bumps!!! I jumped on Google and found a home remedy for the itching. Baking soda and vinegar made into a paste. It dries fast and seemed to do the trick. Hopefully they won't bug her as much as they bug me. I hate mosquitoes!!!

Well we went to Grandma & Grandpa's again tonight and mom brought the good stuff....bug repellent without the nasty chemicals! If you have a little one, I recommend this stuff. No bug bites tonight! YEAH!!!


The ingredients: Soybean Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Lemongrass Oil, and Geranium Oil!

3 comments:

Brad and Colleen said...

I am so glad that you found a good repellant. Where did you find it? I have used the After bite for kids which is not supposed to sting, and that seems to work, but I am going to have to try your remedies. You are such a great resource. By the way I ment to tell you Carter wants My Little Pony fruit snacks like Audrie has, Brad was not thrilled but we were able to persuade him to get Scooby Doo....the things we do for our kids.

Ryan and Jenni said...

Why is it just for kids? I want bug repellent that doesn't stink!

benandmonitanner said...

Oh, no...I hate mosquito bites! Thanks for the great advice. Audrie just keeps getting cuter. It looks like you guys are having a really fun summer.