Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It was just a TEASE of summer!

Watching a summer storm for the 1st time

We had days of summer last weekend and now it has all gone away. It's windy...rainy...and cold! However, it was an unexpected 1st experience for Audrie yesterday. We were enjoying a nice morning outside, naptime, and then back outside in the afternoon when I thought I heard thunder far away. We were playing together on the porch when it slowly started to rain and the thunder became louder. Audrie hasn't heard thunder before or been out in the rain. I loved watching her feel it hit her arms and head and wonder how she was getting wet. Then when the thunder would boom, she would hurry over to me and I would explain to her what it was. I thought she might be scared of it, but she sat with me and watched for a long time. It was a fun summer storm.



Drip Drip Drop...Little Summer Storm
What was that big BOOM?
P.S. Thanx Aunt Jenni for my cute shirt!!!

Part 2 - Poor Birdies!
We didn't find this bird and her nest until it started raining...and then it started to rain even harder. We felt so bad because she built her nest totally in the wrong place...our rain gutter with no cover from the wind, rain, or sun. Grant tried to help get some of the water out of the gutter, but it really wasn't much help because it kept raining. She got off her nest at one point and we could see that there are two babies. We hope they make it through all this crazy weather.

1 comment:

Brad and Colleen said...

Good for Audrie. My boys haven't become scared of the thunder as of yet. Must get that from their dad. Adorable pictures as usual. I love her shirt.

PS I asked Carter what we should name the baby and he said AUDRIE! How cute huh?