Saturday, September 12, 2009

Meet Blake Preston Turley

Blake Preston Turley
9.9.09
8:00 AM
6lbs. 6oz.
20 3/4 in.

How to make this short & sweet...oh wait it was! I had been having stronger contractions two days before my induction day and was so glad to make it to Wednesday (Dr. Lowder was away until Tuesday night). We woke up bright and early...5:00 am induction and we got started with everything around 6:15. I was at a 3 and as soon as they gave me the pit, I was off and kicking...HARD! By 6:45 I didn't think I would make it any longer without an epidural! I got my epidural at 7:10....which took until about 7:30 to finish and it just barely started to dull the pain when Dr. Lowder came in to break my water...oh never mind...I'll do that myself again :) So he checked me and said "We've gotta move!" I had been feeling crazy pressure and knew Blake was already coming. I watched a lot of scrambling...not the slow and steady I had experienced with Audrie's delivery. Two big pushes and a few little stop and go's and out came our beautiful baby boy! A little bundle that we had taken bets on...I must have looked a lot bigger cause he was a whopper of 6lbs 6 oz! Oh the little ones I have, but this time our baby was in our arms in less time than I had to blink. Our family didn't even get a chance to make it to the hospital to wait outside. He waited to come, but then made up time! He even came JUMPING! I will have to upload it with Grant's help, but when they were doing his stats and checking him out he repeatedly pushed off the table and did 4 little jumps! He's strong and all boy!

Seeing Audrie come into the room was a tender moment for me...She is a beautiful little girl and to see her almost 3 little self (all smiles) come to meet her baby brother brought such emotion I can't express. I am so blessed to have these two sweet children of our Heavenly Father and I know he blessed all of us to experience this healthy birth. We could not be more grateful, more proud, or more in love! But there is a lot more in store and I know it's going to be a wonderful journey!

Here he is day one...and there are plenty more to come!


No comments: