Monday, September 22, 2008

Papa's Owie

Papa needs a big bandaid right now...

It's 12:21 and I'm having a bit of a hard time turning my brain off...

We had a fun family night at the mall tonight and were heading home around 8:45...we got home and my brother Jake called us with some scary news. My dad was hit on his motorcycle sometime around 8:50. A car pulled out onto Fairview and didn't see him. He was thrown 25 feet from his bike and rolled. He was wearing his helmet, pants, and a sweatshirt so his injuries were a lot less severe than they could have been. He was taken to St. Al's and found that one ankle has a small chip... and they are x-raying the other one because when he was getting discharged, he couldn't walk on it. (I'm not 100% sure that he went home.) His cat scan came back great. He is soooo good for wearing that helmet!!! He will be pretty bruised and sore tomorrow, but we are sooo grateful that he is not more broken! We love Papa and Audrie was so concerned. She got to visit him in his room with everyone that went back there. She kept saying "Papa owie" and then she would point to her foot. She finally went to sleep after reassuring her that we would go visit him tomorrow and make him cookies. Dad you will be in our prayers! We are so blessed to have you safe tonight! We love you sooo much!

3 comments:

Brad and Colleen said...

Katie, I am so happy that things turned out ok for him. I am sure that, that was a horribly phone call to get. How sweet of Audrie to be so concerned, its funny how quickly they pick up on compassion. A lesson to us all!

On a good note, only 2 days!!!

Kerrie said...

Oh man, that is so scary. Ever since Dan has been in to motorcycles, I notice them a lot more on the road and it ticks me off when I see them not wearing a helmet. It should be a law. It's too scary, because they get hit too often. I'm glad that your dad had his helmet on and it wasn't anything more then the injuries mentioned. And I'm glad you missed the accident, that would have made it tons worse.

H & C said...

oh my goodness katie! i'm so glad that your dad is alright! what a scare!